[Samba] Roaming Profiles Load Very Slowly

Gar Nelson Gar.Nelson at noaa.gov
Tue May 27 22:36:09 GMT 2008

Greg, this is old, but I found it quite useful.
http://www.css.taylor.edu/~nehresma/samba.html

We've had two problems with roaming profiles. The first is that staff
members store all kinds of stuff in their profile. The above document,
about halfway down, "Profile changes" helped out here greatly.

The second problem that we had was Windows XP offline file
synchronization. You can find that in Start -> All Programs ->
Accessories -> Synchronization.  Our systems defaulted to turning it on.
Manually going in and turning it all off (use the "setup" button too,
more stuff there) made a dramatic difference.

Good Luck.
Gar