[Samba] smbldap_open: cannot access LDAP when not root..

johnh at primebuchholz.com johnh at primebuchholz.com
Tue May 27 14:31:48 GMT 2008

Greetings list,

I just upgraded my main file server, and copied over a dump of my LDAP
database, samba conf files, tdbs, etc.

Everything fired up OK and runs, except:

-Some users (perhaps 5 or 6 out of 125) can't log in, getting the "domain
unavailable" message
-I can't rejoin them to the domain - the process appears to succeed, but
doesn't
-One of the machine accounts that doesn't work is my main print server :(

The only log error I get is:

[2008/05/27 10:21:43,  0] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_open(1005)
  smbldap_open: cannot access LDAP when not root..

This occurs periodically in EVERY log file, even for working workstations.

I have re-done granting rights to root/Administrator.  I've double-checked
everything I can think of, to no avail.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-John

--
	This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it
	is addressed and contains valuable business information that is