[Samba] How to restrict winbindd to access trusted domains objects.

Dmitry mitroko at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:37:50 GMT 2008

Greetings.

I've already done with question at
http://lists-archives.org/samba/37558-winbindd-hangs-up-while-retreiving-usernames.html

and made decision, that winbindd tries to get users and groups in trusted
domains.
We have tree different domains in their forests, connected by trusted
relationships:

CITY-XXI.INT < - > DEP2.CITY-XXI.INT
DEP2.CITY-XXI.INT < - > ALL.INT
CITY-XXI.INT < - > ALL.INT

In my smb.conf I use
        allow trusted domains = No
key to restrict samba reading foreign domain objects, but

wbinfo -u returns list of users from my domain(DEP2.CITY-XXI.INT) and
another domain (CITY-XXI)
wbinfo -g does the same

and finaly wbinfo -r hangs up retreiving groups for given user, trying to
reach and read objects in ALL.INT and CITY-XXI.INT domains.

What configuration should I provide to samba to limit it in it's own domain
(ONLY DEP2) and prohibit any tries to resolve foreign (even trusted) DC's
etc...

My current samba ver: 3.0.23c_2,1 (port-build)
My OS ver: FreeBSD 6.2-REL
My current smb.conf:
Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
Loaded services file OK.
'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER
[global]
        workgroup = DEP2
        realm = DEP2.CITY-XXI.INT
        server string = SZRouter.DEP2.CITY-XXI.INT
        interfaces = 10.1.9.0/24
        security = ADS
        auth methods = winbind
        allow trusted domains = No
        password server = City2.dep2.city-xxi.int
        client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
        client lanman auth = No
        client plaintext auth = No
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=16384 SO_SNDBUF=16384
        os level = 0
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No