[Samba] Fwd: [Wine] Rosetta Stone again

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:11:45 GMT 2008

>> > Yes, I can open d:\ in winefile, and everything looks in order there.
>> > In fact, I can click on "Autorun.exe", but then it says "Unload the
>> > debugger and try again."
>>

>> That's a copy protection issue.
>>

> After some investigating, I discovered that the Rosetta Stone language
> pack CDs use SafeDisc for copy protection.  What is the status of
> SafeDisc support in wine?

I am not sure if this can be officially fixed with wine at all. The
problem is that the copy protection (correctly) thinks that wine is a
debugger and prevents the application executing under wine. This
debugger check is a safegaurd to prevent users from debugging the
executable to find a way to remove the protection.

John

--
John M. Drescher