[Samba] domain memership and security=domain

Jason Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Tue May 20 17:57:05 GMT 2008

I think security = domain just has that samba box look at the PDC for
authentication.  I don't think accessing a share has anything to do with
if the workstation is a part of the domain or not.  If you try to connect
to that share \\sambafileserver\testshare it should prompt you for a
username and password.  If it doesn't that means you are logged in with a
valid username already.  You can check smsbstatus to see how you are
connected.  If you have two domain users, user1, user2, you can make a
share on available to one user by doing valid users = user1

Are you trying to restrict machine from accessing a share?  I'm not sure
if you can use the hosts allow per share.  Am I understanding you
correctly?

Jason Waters