[Samba] Unable to join Samba

Humrick, Matt matt.humrick at advatechpacific.com
Tue May 20 17:10:28 GMT 2008

On 5/15/08 Augustin wrote:
When I execute "net ads join -U Administrator" I get the following error
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.8: Undefined symbol
"init_error_table"

It sounds like you're missing some libraries. Did you compile krb5
yourself or is it an rpm? If you compiled it yourself, you'll need to
modify the configure or makefile scripts to point to the correct
libraries. Also make sure you have the necessary devel libraries before
you compile.

As another check, run ldd on winbind and make sure you have all the
library files listed.

Matt