[Samba] Compatibility question

Tim Thomas Tim.Thomas at Sun.COM
Tue May 20 14:12:19 GMT 2008

Hi David

your are obviously free to compile you own build of SAMBA, but Sun ships
a Sun supported build of SAMBA with Solaris 10 which includes Active
Directory support.

There is some related, and hopefully useful, information in these blogs:

http://blogs.sun.com/jurasek/entry/ads_domain_member_server1
http://blogs.sun.com/timthomas/en_GB/category/SAMBA

Rgds

Tim

NICHOLLS, Dave, GBM said the following :
> Hi,
> I am currently using Samba on Solaris 8 and we are about to migrate to Solaris 10. Does Samba work on Sol 10 and if so what version do I require?
>
> Thanks
>
> David Nicholls
> Senior Market Data Analyst
> RBS Global Banking & Markets
> 135 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3UR
> Office: +44 20 7085 1654

> The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
> Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
>
> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the
> addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other
> than the addressee, please return the message to the sender
> by replying to it and then delete the message from your
> computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The
> Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for
> changes made to this message after it was sent.
>
> Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the
> transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
> ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this
> message and any attachments will not adversely affect its
> systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
> Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
> out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.
> Visit our websites at:
> www.rbs.com
> www.rbs.com/gbm
> www.rbsgc.com