[Samba] XP is very slow to access Samba

Andreas Baitis abaitis at gmail.com
Tue May 20 01:51:09 GMT 2008

I've once had a dead DNS server listed in my resolv.conf on the Samba
server which was causing exactly this problem. The dead server was a
local one which had had it's address changed. Try checking your listed
DNS servers if you have any, make sure they are all alive and the server
can access them.

try:

dig google.com @mylistedDNSserver.com

from the Samba server.