[Samba] Re: adding users to group with net rpc

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon May 19 20:16:39 GMT 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008 02:46:34 pm Leandro Tracchia wrote:
> executing the following command for all users will show their correct
> group:
>
> root# net rpc user info billybob
>
> but, like i said the following command shows nothing:
>
> root# net rpc group members "Domain Users" -Uroot
>
> and i still can't get this command to work:

OK.  What is the output of?:

	pdbedit -Lw root

> root# net rpc group addmem "MIDEARTH\Engineers" ajt -Uroot

I just validated that this command works on Samba-3.0.28.

> however, i'm wondering i do i even need this last command... all my users
> seem to be already mapped...

What do you mean by this?  How did you do this?

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.