[Samba] net rpc commands not working

Leandro Tracchia ltracchia at gmail.com
Mon May 19 18:46:00 GMT 2008

problem solved. i had to add 127.0.0.1 to the interfaces list of smb.conf.
this is because i had set bind interfaces only = yes.

the manpage makes mention of smbpasswd not working properly if bind
interfaces only is set and the network address 127.0.0.1 is not added to the
interfaces parameter.

i guess this also applies to correct functionality of the net rpc command,
although the man page makes no mention of this and i'm not very
knowledgeable to explain to you how it does apply. but it worked for me.

thanks for your help john.