[Samba] Samba 3.0.23b and 3.0.25c difference with NTLMv2

JEFFERY, Stuart Stuart.JEFFERY at eur.crowncork.com
Mon May 19 14:59:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a version 3.0.23b Samba server and a version 3.0.25c Samba
server.
>From a Windows 2003 Server I can map drives to the 23b server but not to
the 25c one.
The two samba servers are setup the same (apart from server name etc).
I think this is a problem to do with NTLMv2.
When "LAN Manager authentication level" is set to "Send NTLMv2 response
only" I can connect to the 23b server but not the 25c one.
When I change this setting to "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session
security if negotiated" I can connect to both servers.

What has changed between 23b and 25c to cause this and how do I get 25c
to work again without leaving the setting at "Send LM & NTLM"?

Thanks

Stuart Jeffery

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  The information contained in this
e-mail is intended only for the confidential use of the above
named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have
received this communication in error and must not distribute or
copy it. Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this communication.
Thank you.