[Samba] Listing shadow copy directories from Linux CIFS client?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat May 17 00:53:48 GMT 2008

We've been fooling around with the shadow copy module lately,
and have more or less made it easy for users of our package
to export filesystems with snapshots via samba; see our recipe at
http://zumastor.googlecode.com/svn/branches/0.8/doc/zumastor-howto.html#_export_a_zumastor_volume_via_samba
And we've successfully accessed the snapshots from Windows clients.

Question: how to access the snapshots from Linux cifs clients?
One would expect the @GMT... directories to be visible in the
top of the exported share... but first report is that they're not there.
Are we confused, or are those directories hidden somehow?

Thanks,
Dan