[Samba] OT? Disabling roaming profiles

Tom Smith aliase573201 at mac.com
Fri May 16 17:57:34 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I currently have two offices, about 50 computers total, that have
been using roaming profiles for several years. More recently, these
roaming profiles are creating disk space issues on the servers in
which they're stored. So I want to disable roaming profiles company-
wide.

I know how to do this in Samba but was wondering if anyone could tell
me what affect this might have on the workstations. My concern is
that if I disable roaming profiles on the server, it may cause
problems on the workstation unless I touch each workstation and
convert their roaming profile to a local profile.

Can anyone offer me some input for this?