[Samba] NetBIOS name resolution from Linux

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Fri May 16 17:45:39 GMT 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> so yes sure opendns is useable but if you really want it ...

Actually it's horrible for mail servers. Although fine if you value its
ability to block sites for desktop use. At sites that I use it, I've
needed 2 DNS caches, one that forwards to OpenDNS for non-local systems
that desktops connects to, and one that resolves via the root servers
for the mail server. For my own use I prefer to resolve via the root
servers.

--
Chris