[Samba] Problem with Credentials File in Samba 3.2

John Welch jwelch at brosco.com
Fri May 16 15:28:33 GMT 2008

Hello all,

I just upgraded my workstation from Fedora 8 to Fedora 9, which includes Samba 3.2.0pre3, and now I am having issues with the mount.cifs command when using the 'credentials' option.  When I try mount.cifs using '-o credentials=' option I get the following error:
mount error 13 = Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

And in /var/log/messages:
May 16 11:16:32 jrwfc kernel: Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
May 16 11:16:32 jrwfc kernel:  CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
May 16 11:16:32 jrwfc kernel:  CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

When I switch to using '-o username=xxx,password=xxx' the mount works fine.

I searched around the Samba lists, the Fedora lists, and Google, but didn't find anything relevant.  This indicates to me that either I'm doing something wrong, or this issue hasn't been reported yet.  I had this working with Fedora 8 and before, when using Samba 3.0.x, so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with 3.2.  I know 3.2 hasn't been officially released yet, and if that is the answer then I'm fine with that, but I figured I would ask.

TIA,
John