[Samba] samba & ldap

Fri May 16 13:28:59 GMT 2008

On 5/16/2008 2:45 AM, Collen Blijenberg wrote:

>>> Not necessarily...
>>>
>>> tdb is *very* fast and reliable, much simpler to set up and
>>> maintain, and if you don't *need* all the bells and whistles of
>>> ldap (high availability, SSO, etc), tdb is the better choice - at
>>> least in my opinion...

>> Depends of what is needed, in my opinion if an user must have the
>> same password in samba AND any other service, use LDAP.

> What about the mysql/pgsql backend ??! ideal for the middle class.
> (if your intentions are running a pdc/bdc)

Again - nothing wrong with it... , again, really it just boils down to
what is *needed*, as well as what you *know*... if you are an LDAP
expert, by all means, use LDAP. If you are a MySQL or PostgreSQL guru,
you'll most likely use that... if you're not a guru of anything, and
just need a fast, reliable standalone server, then tdb is an excellent
choice.

--

Best regards,

Charles