[Samba] [Fwd: File Locking and Permissions Issue]

Thu May 15 17:59:22 GMT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:45:51AM -0700, Jack Lauman wrote:
> For some reason the excel file was stripped in my last post.  (See
> below).  We would appreciate any help we can get on this.  Intuit tried
> this on their test server and we don't know whats causing the files to
> open without oplocks when a second user tries to access the database.

Did you read our replies to your initial post at all?

If Intuit tells you that they do not know why a second
opener does not get an oplock you should really escalate
that support issue much, much higher inside their
organization. You have have very obviously been put off by
some first-level support person that has no clue about the
products.

Volker