[Samba] Samba with ldap of AD

Esteban Torres Rodriguez etorres at dap.es
Thu May 15 13:00:32 GMT 2008

I configured Samba with AD through winbind with *. tdb, but I want to
configure samba directly against ldap DP or need to mount a openldap.

Is it possible?

I want to remove *. tdb.

Directly RedHat support:

Correcting the permissions on such files and directories can be a very
difficult task, requiring significant manual effort, or advanced
scripting skills and good backups of the previous idmap. It is for this
reason that the tdb default idmap backend is not recommended to be used,
especially on any Samba server in which domain users will create files
or directories on the filesystem based upon their winbind-enumerated UID
and GID numbers.

RECOMMENDATION
For best results and the least amount of effort required to correct a
corrupt idmap TDB file situation, it is highly recommended that the ldap
idmap backend be configured for winbind instead.

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_71_11158.shtm

Esteban Torres Rodríguez
ÁREA DE SOPORTE TÉCNICO - Administración de Servidores
Subdirección de Sistemas Informáticos
Empresa Pública Desarrollo Agrario y Pesquero,
email: etorres at dap.es