[Samba] is there a bandwidth limit per file?

Michael mic at h4ms.de
Tue May 13 19:48:37 GMT 2008

Hello!
Sorry for late answer but, i was on travel until sunday. I tried with
Ubuntu Live CD but still with similiar limit. So, I decided to upgrade
to Gigabit Interface (Switch & NICs).

Here, the results for the case someone is curious.

Now I get around 160MBit on average from and to the server. This does
not change when copying several files in parallel. With NETIO around
250MBit (linx-win) and 500MBit (win-win) are possible. I guess 20MB/s is
what i can get with this slow computer and Samba.

Thank you, Jeremy for the fast and good support,
    Michael