[Samba] User invalid SID with home directory - Bueller?

Wes Modes wmodes at ucsc.edu
Tue May 13 18:39:53 GMT 2008

So even though I see this popping up in tons of posts, no one has
encountered it and successfully solved the problem or can illuminate the
issue?

Here's what I did not knowing what else to do:

   1. Deleted the account.  (smbldap-userdel)
   2. Recreated the account  (smbldap-useradd)
   3. Searched for any files owned by the old user, and chown'd them to
      the new user

It is not an elegant solution, but it is the only one I have now.  So
far I haven't gotten any accounts that have had the problem reoccur.
But I'm waiting to see.

Wes

--

Wes Modes
Server Administrator & Programmer Analyst