[Samba] Group quotas on shares

sgbarrett at eircom.net sgbarrett at eircom.net
Tue May 13 09:35:53 GMT 2008

Many thanks, the 'valid users' option is exactly what was missing.

Regards,

Simon

Pat Riehecky <prieheck at iwu.edu> wrote:

<
<  Hey,
<
<  We have a similar setup here.  I have all the users of a share in a
<  secondary group together.
<
<  chown whomever:sharegroup on the share directory
<  chmod 2770 on the share directory
<
<  Here is the relevant bit of my smb.conf
<  [IT]
<  	comment = IT Test Share
<  	path = /home/it
<  	valid users = @it
<  	force group = it
<  	read only = No
<  	create mask = 0770
<  	directory mask = 0770
<  	strict allocate = Yes
<  	use sendfile = Yes
<  	preserve case = No
<  	hide special files = Yes
<  	hide unreadable = Yes
<  	browseable = No
<  	fstype = FAT
<  	wide links = No
<
<
<  For maintainability I would recommend reading up on the copy option of
<  smb.conf for shares.  I have 20+ shares which are all setup identically
<  and have but one place to make changes to all of them.
<
<  As a side note for a shortcut I suspect you are looking for the valid
<  users option of smb.conf.
<
<  Pat
<