[Samba] solaris 8 native ldap support

Neal A. Lucier nlucier at math.purdue.edu
Mon May 12 20:45:01 GMT 2008

Brian C. Hill wrote:
> 	There seems to be only minimimal discussion on this. I'd like
> avoid having to build openldap on solaris if at all possible.
>
> 	Is building samba with native solaris ldap simply not
> possible?

The 3.2 branch of Samba has support to build with the
Mozilla/Netscape/FedoraDS/Solaris/JavaDS/mps ldap libraries.  If you are patched
in Solaris 8 to a level such that you have the secure ldap client that was
back-ported from Solaris 9 then you should have a set of libraries and header
files that Samba can use.

I'm not sure if the 3.2 release candidates have been explicitly tested against
the Solaris 8 native ldap libraries, but I'm sure the developers would like to
hear your feedback as this is now a mainline feature of Samba.

Neal