[Samba] Samba not working the same on all servers

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Fri May 9 00:49:24 GMT 2008

Glenn, Skeeter wrote:
> I have four (development, system test, user test  and production)
> Solaris 2.8 servers set up running samba.  Each of the four server has
> the same samba 30 users in the smb.conf file.  Samba is working perfect
> on all but one of these servers and on that one server 4 of the users
> can not connect thru samba, but the other 26 have no problem at all.
> The smb.conf is the same on all four servers.
>
> Sometimes I just wish someone who understands me would tell me what I
> mean
>
> Skeeter Glenn

Are you using system policies?  You might have overriding user/group
settings.
You might want to check that the server has the same nt policy file in
the netlogon share as the other servers.
Does it matter which client box those four users try to log on from?

I assume the box that isn't working is the 'user test' box?  It seems my
test boxes always have testing crud that bites me in the butt.
Also, what do those four users have in common that the other 26 don't?