[Samba] Samba and Vista profile probs

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Wed May 7 19:48:20 GMT 2008

Jean-Jacques Moulis ha scritto:

Hello.
Sorry for answering so late, but I only had the chance to test this today.

> define those keys on clients:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
> "WaitForNetwork"=dword:00000000
> "CompatibleRUPSecurity"=dword:00000001

I defined the first, since the second was already there.
This did not solve the problem.

> If you remove %USERPROFILE% (C:\users\john) for an user
> this user will be subsequently logged in with a temporary profile unless
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\SID of user
> is also removed.

Sorry, but I do not really understand this.
Do you mean I should delete the user profile on the client???
(Obviously I should take a backup before, since this is the only copy I
have).
Then alter the registry to delete its SID?

What then?
Would Vista generate a new profile where I should restore the afore
mentioned backup?
Would it be roaming this time?
Why? I mean, what has changed since it generated the current one?

  bye & Thanks
	av.