[Samba] Files over 4GB not listing properly. Cannot get CIFSworking.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 6 23:37:58 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 11:07 -0400, Matt Boyle wrote:
> Put this in the wrong thread, sorry!
>

> UPDATE:  I've realized that this seems to be an issue with the compiler flags used to build samba.
> I've realized that i need to define _LARGEFILE_SOURCE, _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, and _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.
>
> I've done this, but still have no luck reading files larger than 4GB.  Anyone have suggestions?

smbfs the in-kernel filesystem, (particularly old versions such as in
Linux 2.4) never did files over 4GB well.

'Fixing' the userspace samba won't change the in-kernel limitations.  I
suggest you find a different way to move the files, perhaps use
smbclient - the default compile should be perfectly fine for large files
(Samba itself has done large files for many years).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/