Fwd: [Samba] Files over 4GB not listing properly. Cannot get CIFSworking.

Rob Shinn rob.shinn at gmail.com
Tue May 6 18:58:36 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Shinn <rob.shinn at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Samba] Files over 4GB not listing properly. Cannot get
CIFSworking.
To: Matt Boyle <MBoyle at ttcdas.com>

> > Also, I cannot mount the samba share using CIFS.  I use the line
> >
> > mount -t smbfs //server/share/ path/to/local/ -o user=u,pass=p,lfs
> >
> > to mount with SMBFS, and it works correctly, just doesn't display the
> large files.
> > However, when using the following:
> >
> > mount -t smbfs //server/share/ path/to/local/ -o user=u,pass=p,lfs

I'm assuming you mean you get the "mount error 5' when you use

mount -t cifs //server/share/ path/to/local/ -o user=u,pass=p,lfs

Do you have an executable named mount.cifs in /sbin or /usr/sbin on the
client?

If not, you'll need to install CIFS VFS on the client.  You may need to
install kernel patches to make this happen.