[Samba] Fwd: Add permission? (was How to create a write-only share?)

Ash Gosh gosha.asha at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:32:58 GMT 2008

Thanks for the answer!

The config like you posted:

[root at fs home]# chown -R michael.office append
[root at fs home]# chmod -R 700 append

smb.conf:
[append]
   path = /home/append
   valid users = +office
   read only = no
   writeable = yes
   guest ok = Yes
   admin users = michael
   hide unreadable = yes
   create mode = 666
   directory mode = 777

It does not allows me to go into the share if I'm not a michael but
does not allows me to copy a file there to (of course, because there
is 700 permission set). I've tried 722, does not allows to copy
(appen, drag in) the file into the share too. 733 does not allows to
copy file too but windows tells that the file exist in case that in
exists.

Any other combinations I can to try?

Thanks for your help!!!