[Samba] chdir (/var/lib/samba/profiles) failed

Joris joris at bitnetwerk.nl
Thu Mar 13 16:19:12 GMT 2008

L.S.

I've some problems on a couple of my samba servers.
The servers running CentOS release 5 with samba-3.0.25b-1.el5_1.4

The config is pretty standard, not much special in it.
But the log files are filling up with error messages like this one:

[2008/03/12 17:08:47, 0] smbd/service.c:set_current_service(184)
  chdir (/var/lib/samba/profiles) failed

On the clients (all windows XP) are covered in error messages to like:
" Network name is no longer available "

These error messages are mainly when copying / saving / opening large
files, +10Mb.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
I've search mailing lists and google, but didn't find an real answer on
this question.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks in advanced.

Joris Cras