[Samba] How to give user access to only 1 directory on a share?

Raymond Holguin raymond.holguin at ucr.edu
Sat Mar 8 01:06:29 GMT 2008

Yes, use ACL's and all the files and directories that the user should
NOT access set the ACL to somethign like

setfact -m u:USER_NAME:- DIRECTORY_NAME

that will say that even if the directory is 777, that particular user
has no access whatsoever.  The directory that he/she is allowed to
access should stay the same.

Matt Lozier wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Is there a way to give a single user access to a single directory on a given
> share, and yet prevent that user from accessing the rest of the data on that
> share?  All users on the system are within the *same* group, and if
> possible, I'd like to keep it this way.  Would I have to go with ACLs to
> implement this?
>

> Any and all suggestions are appreciated!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Raymond Holguin
Programmer Analyst
College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
Tel: (951) 827-6212
Email: rholguin at ucr.edu