[Samba] Samba-winbind under Solaris8

Oliver Weinmann oliver.weinmann at vega.de
Mon Mar 31 08:13:35 GMT 2008

Dear All,

I have successfully compiled MIT krb5 and samba 3.0.28a under Solaris8. Joining an AD domain works fine and also the commands wbinfo -t, -g and -u list all of the users. getent passwd and getent group are also working. The problem now is that when i run the "group user" command it just stays there and doesn't display any users. This works fine under Linux (SLES9, RHEL4) but not under Solaris8. I really have no clue, but that is just one problem. The other big problem is that now i get kicked out of the login shell or telnet/ssh after a few minutes and when I login as a domain user and start a command like ls it gets put in the background immediatley.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Oliver

Oliver Weinmann
Unix/Linux Administrator

VEGA IT GmbH
Europaplatz 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
Germany
Tel	: +49 (0) 6151 8257 744
Fax	: +49 (0)6151 8257-799
Email	: oliver.weinmann at vega.de
Web	: www.vega-group.com

Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt, HRB No. 4096, Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer: Philip Cartmell, Susan Bygrave, John Lewis

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged.  Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately.