[Samba] Re: Samba/Ldap problems with Versions > 3.0.24

Markus Kahle markus.kahle at brueckmann-gmbh.de
Mon Mar 31 07:24:59 GMT 2008

Hi,

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

>> we have similiar problems with samba+ldap after updating to 3.0.27.
>> But in our case, the following ldap-Attributes won't get updated:
>> sambaPwdMustChange
>> sambaPwdCanChange
>> only sambPwdLastSet gets altered.
>> in newly created accounts the two Attributes even won't be created !?
>> I already checked every log-file i can think of, I played with verbose
>> logging, but I really can't find a solution up to now.
>> I also asked about this stuff here in the mailinglist several weeks ago,
>> but no answer til now.
>> So what could we do ?

> Is there a policy set to affect these attributes?
>
> littleboy:~ # pdbedit -P "minimum password age"
> account policy value for minimum password age is 86400
> littleboy:~ # pdbedit -P "maximum password age"
> account policy value for maximum password age is 5184000

Sorry for answering so late, got some spare days.

It seems to be two different problems - mine and the one of the thread
starter. Both concering the LDAP Samba password attributes, but this
seems to be the only thing in common.

I checked those two values:

[underworld ~]# pdbedit -P "minimum password age"
account policy "minimum password age" description: Minimal password age,
in seconds (default: 0 => allow immediate password change)
account policy "minimum password age" value is: 0
[underworld ~]# pdbedit -P "maximum password age"
account policy "maximum password age" description: Maximum password age,
in seconds (default: -1 => never expire passwords)
account policy "maximum password age" value is: 7776000

So those Attribute should be set in LDAP actually , but the don't !

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,

Markus Kahle