[Samba] SWAT Error on Debian

Karolin Seeger ks at sernet.de
Fri Mar 28 07:28:17 GMT 2008

Hi Christian,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 07:16:20PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Karolin (and Volker as well), what are the differences between the
> SerNet .deb packages and those on main samba sites?

the main difference is that we recently decided to drop the FHS patches.
Additionally there, there are a lot of smaller differences.

> Any sources.list entries I could put my hands on to have a look at?

You can download the sources from
ftp://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/recent/src/debian.

> I (and other Debian packagers) still have in mind the plan to minimize
> the gap between .deb packages in Debian (and Ubuntu) and packages
> provided by Samba upstream (where I include SerNet work)...so anything
> you guys are doing in these packages which we could do in ours would be
> good, I think....and vice-versa, of course.

Sounds good. There are a few things to discuss, I think. Maybe we can talk
about that on the sambaXP?

Cheers,
Karolin

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.SerNet.DE, mailto: Info @ SerNet.DE