[Samba] Difference Between ver 3.2.x and ver 3.0.x

Fri Mar 28 07:09:06 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:58:31PM -0700, Greg Zartman wrote:
> >I want to Know the Difference between version 3.2 and 3.0.x.
> >I know as 3.2.x support GPLv3 But other then that is there any difference ?
>
> http://us3.samba.org/samba/ftp/pre/WHATSNEW-3-2-0pre2.txt
>
> >When can we expect the stable release of  version 3.2 as it is in
> >pre-release verion ?
>
> You good at reading tea leaves?  That is about as good an answer as you
> are going to get from this list is my guess.

Well, we are actively working on getting the release out
now. There are still several known bugs, and we hope that
many people test the pre-releases. Or even better, you can
always get the current tree that is about to get the next
pre-release from
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba.git?a=snapshot;h=refs/heads/v3-2-stable;sf=tgz

The more people test this tree, the better the release will
be.

Volker