[Samba] Still get error 13 when mounting w2k3 share

Douglas VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Thu Mar 27 21:00:53 GMT 2008

Tosh, Michael J wrote:
> ##### BACKGROUND #####
>
> I still cannot do basic share mapping between Samba 3.0.28 and a Windows
> 2003 AD Domain controller.  When using mount.cifs, I get a permission
> denied error 13.  I have run it as root and as my own user account.
>>From a windows workstation on a different domain, I can log on fine.

Try adding the sec= option on the command line trying a couple different
modes.  I can use ntlm, ntlmi, and ntlmv2.  Maybe something other than
the defaults will work for you.

You also need to know what level of security your w2k3 is enforcing
through group policy.  Enforced signing and ntlmv2 only have caused some
people difficulties in the past.

I'd try /sbin/mount.cifs directly and specifying the user and password
on the command line at least to test.  Try using the IP number of the
remote host.  The domain name must be in uppercase, workgroup NAME or
realm style MY.REALM.COM.

Regards, Doug