[Samba] Samba Share Mounts with Java

josgreen at idoc.idaho.gov josgreen at idoc.idaho.gov
Thu Mar 27 14:05:26 GMT 2008

Hello,

      I am developing a Java application that requires me to read from and write to a samba share. When developing in a windows environment this was not a problem. I mounted the share as "M:/", built a path to a file, checked if the file exists using the Java function file.exists(), and went on my merry way. Now I am developing in a Linux environment(SuSE 10). I mount the samba share to a folder and when I build the path it will find and display the image, however the check in Java(file.exists()) does not function properly. I ALWAYS get a return value of false. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

                               Joe