[Samba] Unable to access shared folders from domain members

feroz ahmed feroz.samba at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 07:04:19 GMT 2008

Dear all,

With 3.0.28a I'm able to join samba to 2003 server.

And my NetBIOS name is visible in Active directory/Computers.
More over my machine icon is visible in network neighborhood of domain.
When i try to access my linux shared folders from another windows machine ,
which is a member of same domain to which i joined my linux samba it is
asking for user name and password.
I'm unable to access either with IP address /NetBIOS name

When i enter correct user name and password it is popping up error saying
invalid user name and password.
Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

My smb.conf and krb5.conf files are as follows

########## smb.conf ############
[global]
workgroup = W2k3STD
netbios name = feroz123
realm = W2K3STD.JP
encrypt passwords = yes
server string = Samba 3.0.28a
security = ADS
encrypt passwords = Yes
password server = *
wins support = yes
log level = 10
syslog = 0
log file = /usr/local/samba/samba/samba-3.0.28a/log/samba/%m
max log size = 50
printcap name = CUPS
ldap ssl = no
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 20001-30000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
template shell = /bin/bash
winbind separator = +
winbind cache time = 10
printing = cups
use spnego = yes
[testshare]
comment = Test share
path = /usr/local/samba/samba/samba-3.0.28a/file_share
;mask = 0700
directory mask = 0700
directory security mask = 0700
admin users = W2k3STD\feroz02
###############################
[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
#       default_realm = WIN2003_MIXED.COM
        default_realm = W2K3STD.JP
#       dns_lookup_realm = true
#       dns_lookup_kdc = true
        dns_lookup_realm = false