[SAMBA] how to disable SPNEGO

Jewelyn Catingub jeweldaj at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 00:47:31 GMT 2008

How will I disable SPNEGO in my linux pc (Fedora w/ Samba 3.0.26a version installed acting as a client)?
I also don't know what settings should I change in the Linux server (Fedora).

When I joined the linux server and client in windows server workgroup w/o spnego
the result is there is no extended security at all. (I did this by changing smb.conf workgroup)
I only want NTLMSSP(Extended security) w/o SPNEGO.

I also tried "client use spnego = no" and "use spnego = no", but I don't see the effect.
I've read in other post:
> | even though I tried to set "client use spnego = no"
>
> The applies only to Samba's client code and not the
> capability bits set by the server when replying to
> clients.  Besides, you really should not disable spnego.
> Generally if it doesn't work it would be considered a bug.

Thanks in advance.