[Samba] Domain Authentication Issue - Bug Found

Ladislav Ardo Ladislav.Ardo at aoes.com
Tue Mar 25 12:05:12 GMT 2008

Dalton Calford wrote:

> A few months ago, we discovered that new linux machines could not join
> the domain, but existing boxes had no problems.
>
> We performed an extensive study of the domain controller configuration
> as well as the configuration of the linux boxes.
>
> The problem seemed to be on one particular lan segment or another, but
> we could not track down the problem.
This may be a stupid question (I am curious though) -- could you please
post errors associated with the problem? What were the errors on Linux
boxes when users were unable to authenticate? What were the errors when
XP boxes could not authenticate? Any errors in event viewer on Domain
controllers? Are the client machines in question communicating with
domain controllers during of the failed authentication attempts?

-Ladislav.