[Samba] Desktops for non-roaming profiles

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Mon Mar 24 23:39:53 GMT 2008

Yeah, in my domain, it's simply a matter of logging on as the domain user,
then doing the profile copy as described.
I get all of the user settings, documents, Outlook Profile, etc.
Just not cookies, passwords, etc.
I can open Outlook, but have to re-enter their login information do download
email (POP, not Exchange...).
Same on some websites.
Then there are permission issues, too.
I made a group, (other than domainusers) put my users in there, and made
that group part of the local administrators group.
Does the test user have Administrator permissions on the machine.
Not that you want to run this way, but a good way to test.
How about a domain user with NO local account.
Does that get you a new profile based off of the default profile? With or
without the other issues?
Good luck....
Dennis

The whole thread I gave may be better than that particular message I pointed
you at.:

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.samba/browse_thread/thread/42370eda9bdb
3ef0/9c8b4de804545326?#9c8b4de804545326