[Samba] refuse login from more then one machine at a time.

Jack Mendez jmendez at vips4kids.org
Fri Mar 21 13:55:11 GMT 2008

Hello listers,
I am using samba 3.0.24 on Ubuntu.  I need to deny users from logging on
to the domain and any shares from more then one machine.  The users are
now able to login, walk over to another machine and log in again user the
same username and password for as many machines as they like.  I do want
them to be able to login to any machine on the network so deny hosts won’t
work for my solution.    The sample scripts are not working properly in my
environment and once I upgrade I understand they will not function at all.
 The max connections per share are not applicable because once the user
provides the password they are already logged on to the domain.  I need a
complete, workable solution.   Links to the scripts,
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...il/119867.html and
http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/....html#id386516   in the archive as
I said previously do not work.  These are xp systems with all the patches
in place.
Thanks
Jack