[Samba] smbclient transfer speed on solaris

Karoly VEGH karoly.vegh at bwin.org
Thu Mar 20 08:06:45 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 17:13 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 04:43:59PM +0100, Karoly VEGH wrote:
>
> Do you have a chance to try smbclient from the 3-2-test git
> branch? I've done some considerable changes to speed up
> smbclient mget. You can get a current tar.gz via
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba.git?a=snapshot;h=refs/heads/v3-2-stable;sf=tgz
> or you can check it out via git yourself.

got the tgz, but not sure how to compile it - can you give me a hint?
Found no configure file, just some Makefiles, but in the examples dir,
and no smbclient subdir, just libsmbclient:

root at ast3inbld001:/tmp/smbtest/Samba# find . -name configure
root at ast3inbld001:/tmp/smbtest/Samba# find . -name Makefile
./examples/auth/Makefile
./examples/auth/crackcheck/Makefile
./examples/libsmbclient/Makefile
./examples/libsmbclient/smbwrapper/Makefile
./examples/pcap2nbench/Makefile
./examples/pdb/Makefile
./examples/perfcounter/Makefile
root at ast3inbld001:/tmp/smbtest/Samba# ls
COPYING            PFIF.txt           Read-Manifest-Now  examples
MAINTAINERS        README             Roadmap            packaging
Manifest           README.Coding      WHATSNEW.txt
root at ast3inbld001:/tmp/smbtest/Samba#

or do I only need to compile libsmbclient and replace the original lib?
Or do I need the rest of the samba src too to compile?

> > root at asp1dbrac012:~# egrep -v ^'#|;' /etc/sfw/smb.conf
> > [global]
> >    server string = Samba Server
> >    security = user
> >    log file = /var/samba/log/log.%m
> >    max log size = 50
> >    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
> >    dns proxy = no
> > root at asp1dbrac012:~#
>
> Just try removing the socket options completely :-)

that got the performance even more worse :)

charlie

--
Karoly VEGH - System Engineer Unix
bwin Interactive Entertainment AG