[Samba] smbclient transfer speed on solaris

Wed Mar 19 16:13:26 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 04:43:59PM +0100, Karoly VEGH wrote:

> I am trying to transfer data from a win2003 (OS=[Windows Server 2003
> 3790 Service Pack 2] Server=[Windows Server 2003 5.2]) to a solaris 10
> (sun4v arch). smbclient version is 3.0.25a.
>
> Although this is a switched gigabit network (no firewalls/routers
> inbetween), and even jumbo frames are set up on the relevant NICs on
> both sides, I cannot transfer more than 35mbyte/s (40 peak) with
> smbclient. The command line is:

Do you have a chance to try smbclient from the 3-2-test git
branch? I've done some considerable changes to speed up
smbclient mget. You can get a current tar.gz via
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba.git?a=snapshot;h=refs/heads/v3-2-stable;sf=tgz
or you can check it out via git yourself.

> root at asp1dbrac012:~# egrep -v ^'#|;' /etc/sfw/smb.conf
> [global]
>    server string = Samba Server
>    security = user
>    log file = /var/samba/log/log.%m
>    max log size = 50
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
>    dns proxy = no
> root at asp1dbrac012:~#

Just try removing the socket options completely :-)

Volker