[Samba] how to add registry files to windows

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Wed Mar 19 15:34:56 GMT 2008

I have a batch file called reg.bat called from a logon script.

Here's the contents of that file:

@ECHO off
regedit.exe /s q:\ts.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\logonmessage.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\logscripts.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\forceguest.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\nosearch.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\sharedoc.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\defaultzone.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\zones.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\profile.reg >NUL
regedit.exe /s q:\browselist.reg >NUL

The Q: drive is mapped earlier in the logon script.....

And , for example, here's the contents of the "profile.reg", in which I
FORCE local profiles only. (No roaming profiles....)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"LocalProfile"=dword:00000001
"ReadOnlyProfile"=dword:00000001

OR, you can use psexec to do it, which I just described in my last
message....
you could add it to the logon script, and then use psexec to run your logon
script, if you didn't want to wait for the next logon....

HTH,
Dennis