[Samba] LDAP Logon Script Management

Asier Baranguán abaranguan at elpagestion.com
Tue Mar 18 23:11:42 GMT 2008

El Martes, 18 de Marzo de 2008, Mark Rutherford escribió:

> What I have done, since users don't need individual scripts is tie a
> script to a group because different groups have different printers and
> such. I use Kixtart for this... so yes the scripts are elaborate but once
> it's done I have had little reason to poke around in them.

I've a similar kind of setup with KIX32 and logon scripts with symlinks, and
use wpkg to distribute software. Anyone can help me with startup scripts (not
logon scripts)? So software can be deployed to machines independent of the
logged user privileges?

I've looked a setup with WPKG Client but:

A) It must run under a user with administrative privileges on the local
machine and the password is in a XML file. Not very secure.

B) Must run with the SYSTEM account, so no access to samba shares because
deployed software can't have public access.

Thanks
--
Asier.