[Samba] LDAP Logon Script Management

Mark Rutherford mark at maunzelectronics.com
Tue Mar 18 18:48:31 GMT 2008

I personally don't know of a good LDAP tool for managing login scripts.
I don't know that the two are related, honestly but there is a section
in the samba docs that touches it a little bit:
http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/AdvancedNetworkManagement.html

What I have done, since users don't need individual scripts is tie a
script to a group because different groups have different printers and such.
I use Kixtart for this... so yes the scripts are elaborate but once it's
done I have had little reason to poke around in them.

Someone may have a better answer, And I am curious myself as to what
other management utilities and tools there are out there.