[Samba] HP Deskjet 6940 and 6988

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Mon Mar 17 01:28:07 GMT 2008

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> Does anybody share HP Deskjet 6940 and HP Deskjet 6988 off a samba
>> server successfully?
>>
> <snip>
>> When I did further investigation I found with the driver
>> initialized if I click on printing preferences and click Paper\Quality
>> Tab I get the following message "Function address 0x77c47efe caused a
>> protection fault.  (exception code 0xc00000005)  The application
>> property sheet page(s) may not function properly."
>>

> Yep, but I think *all* print drivers crash in such a manner when used
> with a Samba printer server.  At least all the HP drivers crash when
> accessing advanced features,  as do the drivers for Lanier, Ricoh, and
> Toshiba document centers.
>
> <snip>

This certainly isn't the case here. We have about a dozen Lexmark
printers, about half a dozen HP LJ2430s and LJ4250s and one Konica
copier. All of them work fine, I can access all tabs on the driver
settings (the HP ones are a little slow to come up but they do work).
Are you using point-n-print or are you loading drivers onto each machine?

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>