[Samba] vista client doing svn checkout to samba share

stoffell stoffell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:36:43 GMT 2008

hi all,

I have a vista client (Vista Business) doing a subversion checkout to
a samba share (mapped to drive letter) but it's taking a VERY long
time. when i checkout to my local hd it takes about 30 seconds, how
can i start troubleshooting this?

The subversion checkout is about 20 MB (on disk) and everything is
connected via standard 100 mbit ethernet network. (vista client is
connected via wireless, but same results when connecting via ethernet)

Svn client being used is synchrosvn. Same setup but with a windows XP
client and the speed is "normal".. Samba version: I tested with debian
etch 3.0.24 and debian testing 3.0.28, same results. I already tried
disabling the autotuninglevel and Remote Differential Compression but
that makes no difference. The tcp_nodelay and so_rcvbuf=8192 and
so_sndbuf=8192 are also set in smb.conf.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

cheers,
stoffell