[Samba] Extended Error 161 Using a WIndows 98 client with a Samba share

Darrell A. Sullivan, II darrell at flores-associates.com
Fri Mar 14 16:23:55 GMT 2008

When executing a directory listing in Windows 98 from the command line on a
Samba share for a directory I am receiving the following output:

 Volume in drive K is E-DRIVE
 Directory of K:\files\10000690

.              <DIR>        03-14-08  8:03a .
..             <DIR>        03-14-08  8:12a ..Extended Error 161

Using an application to try to copy a file to that directory I get an
"Access Denied" error.

I have checked the permissions on the directory and they appear to be
correct.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what Extended Error 161 refers to. I
performed a Google search on it and only received 1 hit in Chinese on a
forum and the question asked there had no response.