[Samba] Cannot disable roaming profile in smb.conf

Cesar Amaya csar at 123.com.sv
Fri Mar 14 14:54:45 GMT 2008

>> I have a Samba-LDAP PDC and I cannot disable the roaming profile
>> feature in trough my smb.conf file.
>
> The way to disable roaming profiles is to set logon home and logon
> path to an empty value. It looks like you have that, so it looks okay
> to me. Have you tried setting them as
> logon home = instead of
> logon home = ""
>
> What is the output of testparm -sv 2>/dev/null | grep logon
This is the output
amecc01pdc01# testparm -sv | grep logon
Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[Profiles]"
Processing section "[public]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC
        logon script = logon.bat
        logon path = ""
        logon drive = ""
        logon home = ""
        domain logons = Yes
        winbind offline logon = No
[netlogon]
        path = /home/samba/netlogon/

I put logon path = "" because that´s the way man pages of smb.conf says
to put it in order to disable this option.

Thank you very much.
Regards!!!