[Samba] reiserfs, samba, symlinks and windows

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Thu Mar 13 17:31:52 GMT 2008

Ok I found something kind of odd and I am not sure if it is related but
I changed the home directory path from /tmp/desktop (symlink: desktop ->
/home/username/Desktop/) to /tmp and receive the following message:

find_workgroup_on_subnet: workgroup search for SCL on subnet
192.168.0.1: found.

However, if I change the path back to my symlink I receive this error:
find_name_on_subnet: on subnet 192.168.0.1 - name SCL<1e> NOT FOUND

Not sure about this but I tried the permissions on the symlink to 777 as
well as the contents of the symlink absolute path and am still not able
to map the share.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Jason Gerfen